In some of our most recent reviews, we mentioned how the Mighty is still king of the vapes. However, it is also the bulkiest and most expensive handheld dry herb device out there. You may have also read our review on the PAX 3 already, and while it is a sleek, attractive, high-tech vape at a reasonable price, it’s not exactly the most efficient in vaping weed.
Enter the Firefly 2+. Clearly, this hybrid dry herb vape was made with the connoisseur in mind as it seems to be a cross between the Mighty and the PAX 3. The Firefly 2+ is a convection vape that delivers thick, flavorful vapors, but in a smaller, more compact form factor. It is even loaded and used horizontally, pipe-style, that will surely delight avid marijuana enthusiasts.
Firefly 2+ Specs
- Year introduced: 2019
- Size: 5.1 in x 1.4 in x 0.9 in
- Weight: 4.9 oz
- Battery capacity and usage: 770 mAh, 7.4V Li-Ion battery. Average of 5 to 6 sessions.
- Heating technology: Convection
- Temperature range: 93°C and 260°C (200°F and 500°F)
- Price: $249.99
The good: The Firefly 2+ uses convection heating which is typically only found only in desktop vapes. This allows it to vape dry herb better and more efficiently, resulting in fuller flavors and aromas with less wasted herb. It is stylish and minimal but has a lot more features that can be precisely controlled with a smartphone app. Heating time is very fast, at around 3 to 20 seconds and it even goes up to 500°F. Draw resistance is also very comfortable
The bad: The Firefly 2+’s battery capacity is only 770 mAh and the minimal design only gives you a single button control which can be hard to get used to. There are also some features accessible only through the app which iOS users won’t find in the App Store anymore. Vapor quality and draw resistance is good for a device its size, but many say that it still does not compare to the Mighty.
The Firefly 2+ is a great hybrid dry herb vape, and while it doesn’t exactly bring the best of both worlds, namely the Mighty and the PAX 3, what it does is strike a very good compromise between size and performance. Also, if the battery capacity seems kind of wanting, the Firefly also takes only 45 minutes to reach a full charge, which is twice as fast as other vapes. At just $50 more than the PAX 3, the Firefly 2+ is a strong contender to the Mighty and definitely one of the best vapes in the market today
Firefly 2+ Parts and Accessories
The Firefly 2+ is definitely more on the expensive side but perhaps this is justified since there’s nothing else to upgrade on it out of the box. It’s not really necessary to spend on anything else except disposables, replacement parts, and cases. You won’t even need proprietary cleaning tools since it is easy to clean.
- Replacement lid – $39.99. This is a replacement lid that comes in several colors.
- Battery – $29.95. This is a replacement battery that fits the Firefly 2 and 2+.
- Charging dock – $29.95. Charging dock for the Firefly 2.
- Leather case – $44.95. Handsome stitched leather case for the Firefly 2.
- Battery door – $19.95. Battery door cover for the Firefly 2.
- Mouthpiece pack – $9.95. Replacement mouthpieces, 2 pieces.
- Wall quickcharger (US/Canada) – $11.95. Firefly wall charger for US/Canada regions.
- Concentrate pads – $8.95. These are pads used for soaking and vaporizing oils and concentrates.
If the price of the Mighty is a bit too steep for you, but you still want a high-performance vape that you can confidently whip out for a session with your fellow weed enthusiasts, then the Firefly 2+ is definitely worth saving up for. Unlike other cheaper vapes that would have you wanting to accessorize after the honeymoon period, the Firefly is already good as it is out of the box and won’t leave you with gadget envy.