Worry-free, easy-to-use solution for powdery mildew and other marijuana pests.
What is jojoba oil?
Pronounced “ho-ho-ba”, jojoba oil is a natural, plant-based horticultural oil made from the seeds of the jojoba plant (Simmondsia chinensis), a shrub native to Arizona, California, and Mexico. The seeds produce a high-quality oil with many applications from cosmetics to agriculture and gardening.
Jojoba oil (like neem and other horticultural oils) has been shown to be very effective at preventing and treating powdery mildew (PM). In one study, jojoba oil was found to be 75 to 100% effective in reducing PM on Auxerrois and Riesling grapevines species.
✔ PROTECT PLANTS FROM POWDERY MILDEW (PM) – Jojoba oil has been shown to effectively treat and protect plants from powdery mildew in addition to other unwanted guests like pests and insects. Protects your plants from outside factors and elements not in your control.
✔ MORE EFFECTIVE THAN NEEM – Protector works across more species of plants. It is less likely to physically harm or cause damage to plants, and doesn’t smell bad like neem. Also, jojoba oil, unlike neem, isn’t banned in Canada.
✔ EXTRA PROTECTION WITH ESSENTIAL OILS – In addition to organic jojoba oil, Protector includes organic lemongrass, geranium, neroli, and peppermint oils. Natural oils help with a wide range of insects like aphids, snails, mites, whiteflies, thrips, and russet mites.
✔ EXPERT FORMULATION – Protector was formulated by a PhD scientist in nano-science with over 10 years of experience in crop management to help yield optimal harvests and healthy plants.
✔ CONCENTRATED, SAFE AND EASY TO USE – 4oz formula makes 3 gallons of spray. Simply mix Protector with RO/distilled water and spray onto plants. Save time, since there’s no need to add soap or other surfactants.
Jojoba Oil vs Neem Oil
There are many horticultural oils available on the market. One of the most popular oils to use with plants is neem oil. While neem helps to grow healthy plants, compared to jojoba oil and our Protector formula, it is not as effective and has some negatives compared to jojoba.
- is more effective against powdery mildew compared to neem
- is less aggressive to plants and less likely to harm them compared to neem
- provides more consistent positive results across a variety of plant species
- doesn’t smell as bad as neem oil; neem has a strong odor
- not banned in Canada; neem is banned in Canada due to possible negative effects
Why use our Protector jojoba formulation?
While you could just buy off-the-shelf jojoba oil and make your own mixture, we don’t recommend it unless you know what you’re doing. Most of the jojoba oil you find online is made for cosmetic purposes and hasn’t been designed for plants and plant use. While it can work, it won’t be as effective.
Reasons to use Protector:
- Save time – Simple to use. Mix with distilled water and spray.
- Concentrated – 4 ounces makes over 3 gallons of spray.
- Added essential oils – In addition to jojoba oil, lemongrass, geranium, neroli, and peppermint oils have been added. These are effective oils against a wide range of pests.
- Organic ingredients – All ingredients used are 100% organic and can be used in organic settings
- Professionally created – Formulated by a PhD with over 10 years of experience in crop management
- High-quality surfactant included – OMRI certified surfactant added for better spreading and application
- Comes in a glass bottle – Packaged in glass bottles for increased shelf life and effectiveness
Shake well before use. Apply at a rate of 40mL/gal in Reverse Osmosis or distilled water. Use oil-compatible foliar spraying equipment. Ensure product is well mixed with water before use. Apply once a week right after sunset or after artificial lights are turned off.
100% Organic Ingredients
- Cold-pressed jojoba
- Lemongrass oil
- Geranium oil
- Peppermint oil
- Neroli oil