If you’ve read our post on Home Growing Marijuana vs Buying at Dispensary, you may have already realized that it’s not actually hard to grow a marijuana plant. Sure, you’ll need some expertise if you want a big yield, but as a beginner, once you get over the initial hurdle of sourcing seeds, getting your cannabis plant to survive until harvest time is still a fairly simple process which you can accomplish even with the most basic of necessities such as soil, water, light and fertilizer.
Even though the basics of marijuana cultivation is pretty straightforward, there are still those who would rather miss out on the rewards and fulfillment of growing their own just because they find it tedious to put together the components of a home cultivation kit. If this sounds like you, well you’d be happy to know that you no longer have an excuse, you can now buy an “all-in-one” marijuana growing kit that takes the guesswork out of growing weed.
No Green Thumb Needed
A cleverly named cannabis company called A Pot for Pot has now made things even easier for noobs to start their first grow. When you buy a kit from them, you get all that you’ll need to grow a decent marijuana plant in just a few clicks. Like cooking a pack of instant ramen, all you need to do is put the components of the kit together and follow the included instructions.
All-in-one marijuana kits
Since their target customers are newbies, A Pot for Pot keeps things simple by offering only 5 kits:
- Large Complete Pot Grow Kit (35 gallon) – big enough for growing photoperiod plants, expected yield of over a pound (includes: )
- Medium Complete Pot Grow Kit (5 gallon) – large enough for photoperiods but can also be used for autoflowers, estimated yield of 8 ounces
- Small Complete Pot Grow Kit (2 gallon) – ideal for growing autoflowers in a tent or exposed to sunlight, estimated yield of 4 ounces
- Mini Complete Pot Grow Kit (1/2 Gallon) – meant for smaller autoflower plants, estimated yield of 28 grams
- +1 Expansion Pot Grow Kit – includes materials for adding another plant to your growing setup.
As you may have guessed, these growing kits basically consist of equipment and accessories needed for a soil-grown plant. While the seeds are not included, possibly to allow you to buy your preferred strain, you get a coupon for a discount at I Love Growing Marijuana instead. This is probably better since ILGM is arguably the most popular and trusted cannabis seed merchant online. Now whenever you need more seeds, you know how and where to buy them.
What’s in a kit?
You might be surprised to see that A Pot for Pot’s kits are no gimmick, they do include high-quality products that are essential to growing marijuana. The most complete set is the Large Complete Pot Grow Kit which ships with the following accessories:
- Grow Guide – a simple guidebook on how to grow a marijuana plant in around 80 days, includes expert tips. Beginner’s guide on growing marijuana on Amazon: $14.95
- Seed Coupon – a discount coupon redeemable at ILoveGrowingMarijuana.com
- Fabric Pot – a durable, lightweight pot that allows for better air penetration and prevents overwatering. 3, 5, 7 gallon fabric pots on Amazon: $18.44.
- Pot Drain Saucer – a saucer that catches excess water, preventing spills. 12 inch drip trays: $15.29.
- Mini 0.5 Gallon Starter Pot – a smaller pot more appropriate for growing young seedlings. Half gallon pot on Amazon: $13.95.
- Jiffy Pellet – a peat moss pellet used for sprouting seedlings more effectively compared to traditional methods. Jiffy medium pellets, 1-1/2″ diameter on Amazon: $9.94.
- Superb Soil – a specially formulated soil mix that contains all the nutrients your plant will need. 12 quart enriched potting soil on Amazon: $16.99.
- Beneficial Bacteria – these are good bacteria that helps break down nutrients and increase its bioavailability. Mycorrhizal Fungi blend on Amazon: $22.97.
- Diatomaceous Earth – a natural powder typically used for pest control. 4 pound bag on Amazon: $12.99.
- Aeration Top Soil Mix – balanced soil amendment for better aeration. Coco-perlite mix on Amazon: $27.06.
- Coco Brick – Expands in water to help regulate air and moisture in your top soil. 2 gallon coco coir brick on Amazon: $8.69.
- Rooting Booster – formula for optimal root growth. 8 oz rooting hormone concentrate on Amazon: $17.29.
- Flowering Booster – formula for bloom phase of your plant. 1 pint bloom fertilizer concentrate on Amazon: $12.99.
- Smartphone Camera Lenses – Magnification lens for inspection of pests and trichomes. 4x magnification lens for smartphones on Amazon: $15.00
- Natural Leaf Shine – Helps protect leaves and stem from mites and other pests. 8 oz leaf shine on Amazon: $5.19.
- Watering Can – a standard, multi-purpose plastic watering can. 1 gallon plastic watering can on Amazon: $11.98.
- Spray Bottle – a standard sprayer bottle that can be used for watering, fertilizing, and pest removal. 34 oz Garden pump sprayer on Amazon: $12.99.
- Clover Cover Crop Seeds – a nitrogen supplement for your soil. 32 oz nitrogen supplement on Amazon: $14.99.
- Precision Trimming Scissors – a pair of fine point shears for trimming smaller twigs and leaves. Stainless steel trimming shears on Amazon: $24.
The Medium, Small, and Mini kits also have these except for the jiffy pellet, leaf shine, nitrogen fertilizer and trimming shears. Instead of a separate spray bottle and watering can, both kits have a sprayer/watering can combo. Meanwhile, the expansion kit only comes with the seed discount coupon, 2 or 5 gallon fabric pot, drain saucer, seed germination kit, soil mix, beneficial bacteria, diatomaceous earth, aerated growing mix, and coco coir brick.
Cannabis growing accessories
If you liked the experience of buying from A Pot for Pot and would rather not go through the hassle of finding another reputable cannabis growing equipment seller, you’d be happy to know that they also have extra accessories for sale. Most of the accessories that they offer are the same bundled with their growing kits:
- a Light for Pot – Single Pot 75 Watt LED Grow Light – has a single LED bulb good for lighting up 1.5 sq ft of canopy. 85W Equivalent PAR30-COB LED Bulb White on Amazon: $18.99.
- Superb Soil – soil mix already loaded with components for better nutrition and consistency
- Jiffy Pellet Seedling Kit Refill – a single peat moss jiffy pellet replacement for the Seedling Starter Kit
- Air Pruning Fabric Pot – a lightweight but durable fabric pot that prevents overwatering and allows your plant’s roots to breathe
- Seedling Starter Kit – a peat moss jiffy pellet and container that makes the task of seed sprouting less complicated
- Neem Oil Pest Repellent – an all-natural, all-around repellent effective against common marijuana pests. 500 ml neem oil on Amazon: $16.90.
- Watering Can – a 1 quart, dual purpose plastic watering can and sprayer
- Precision Trimming Scissors – a versatile pair of shears with short precision blades and wide loop handles, can be used for pruning and trimming buds
- Gift Card – if you’re unsure of what to get for your recipient, use a gift card instead.
Other all-in-one growing kits
If A Pot for Pot’s kits aren’t really the ones you had in mind, here are a few alternatives you may want to check out:
- Marijuana Seed Breeder’s Complete Grow Kits – MSB’s kits focus more on bespoke growing medium additives like nutrient mixes, beneficial bacteria etc. Rather than including growing equipment, these kits include a pack of seeds of some of their most popular strains such as Amnesia Haze, Blue Dream, Girl Scout Cookies 2.0, HeroDawg and White Widow.
- The Bud Grower’s All-In-One Home Grow Kits – Bud Grower’s kits are an example of popular grow kits that include almost everything needed for an indoor tent grow such as grow lights, pots, soil, hygrometers, and even carbon-filtered exhaust kits. Most growers prefer these kits since marijuana for personal use can only be grown indoors away from public view in most states in the US.
It might seem easy to discount A Pot for Pot’s growing kits since it’s easy enough for most of us to figure out what and where to buy marijuana growing equipment, but for someone who has never grown before, these kits can clear a big initial obstacle to growing their own. These all-in-one cannabis growing kits present a great convenience that is hard to say no to, which make them great gifts if you want a friend to get into marijuana home growing, especially since they’re also decently priced. While intermediate level growers will likely pass on these products, beginners will definitely appreciate the value that A Pot for Pot offers.